August 19, 2009

Sending Love


My dear friend Sharon just started eyeball school this fall, and she's all the way down in dreadful, dreary Florida. Haha. I thought it might be nice to bake up a little care package and send it down to her. When she said she'd be living in student housing, i thought of our days in the dorms at Michigan, and how exciting it was when people got care packages from their families.


So i spent a little bit of time tonight baking my Sugar Cookies, which are very simple to make but have infinite possibilities. I thought I'd make big and little hearts, since this is a care package, and because i heart sharon.

Here, they are getting ready to go in the oven. I find that a pizza pan makes a great cookie sheet.



Once they're done, i pulled them out to cool.

How cute are these cookies? I got the cookie cutters from a wedding i went to last summer.


Then I made my frostings. I decided to keep it simple and stick to 4 colors for a change.



Frosting cookies while listening to music is such a relaxing activity. It makes you almost forget you have prelims and a dissertation looming overhead.



Though towards the end, I couldn't help myself, so i mixed the pink and blue together to get a lovely purple, and yellow and pink to get a nice soft orange.

So here are some plain cookies...


Some plain cookies with piped borders...


Some sprinkled cookies...



Some psychedelic cookies...


A cookie to help us remember our roots...


And a optometry-themed cookie for good measure.


My hope is that by the time they get there, they're not all reduced to crumbs. Sharon, you'll have to let us know how they traveled :)



9 comments:

  1. Your bowl colors match your frosting colors!! It is too much!! You are too good!!

    Love the pictures. About to lick the screen. Mmmm. Sharon is a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yanetchka: BOW chika bow bow!

    theresa: thaaaaaaaaank you for noticing the bowl+frosting duo. HAHAHA! i had initially put the yellow frosting in the pink bowl, then i'm like,

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    and i transferred it over to the proper color. i just couldn't let it go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my Sunny! And that is why we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies are way cute!! And I would also like to note my appreciation for your color coded frosting bowls... Made me happy...and hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse meeeee, I am down in "dreary Florida" as well, you know! :) ANDDDD I have 18 little ladies who would absolutely love a cookie or two just like these! Hint hint hint.

    I love you, Sunshine! Your site looks amazzzzing.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, do you think your girls would like them? i will totally send cookies to the darlings in your class, as long as that's okay by the school to give the kids snacks. you will have to promise to send back pictures though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course it's okay! :) I already mentioned you to my class - and I don't quite remember why. But it was about your sunshine muffins....haha.

    Anyways, yes, you are an established chef now - treats are completely legal and pictures are a must. :)

    -K

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin