August 15, 2009

Healthy Blueberry Pancakes

Until recently, I have been a pancake purist. I mean, my pancake recipe is pretty freaking amazing. I had always thought that making pancakes from scratch was the only way to go, and the likes of Bisquick could kiss my big fat spatula. But let's be honest. Who has time to make pancakes from scratch every morning?

Last winter, i found that my need for quick pancakes was shaking my resolve as a pancakes-from-scratch nazi. Plus, pancakes are usually NOT figure-friendly. So i picked up a box of Fiber One pancake mix and decided to try for it. Special thanks to my lovely assistant for displaying the box of pancake mix.

I also decided that it can never hurt to add oatmeal to breakfast foods. Oatmeal = more fiber = stay fuller longer.

And what do you know? Bluebs are in season. Let's bring on the bluebs!!


Here we goooooo!

(this is for one serving)
-1/3 cup mix
-1/4 cup quick oats
-a handful of bluebs
-1/3 to 1/2 cup water

Step ONE-one-one! Put mix in the bowl.


Step TWO-two-two! Oats join the party.


Step THREE-three-three! Bluebs away!

Step FOUR-four-four! Water then mix it all together.


Then you fry them on med-high heat in a nicely sprayed pan. You have to spray it good cuz otherwise, the bluebs will burst and stick. Eh, i think i added too much water to this mix. But that's cuz i didn't measure.


Remember the cardinal rule of only flipping pancakes once.


Okay, so these pancakes don't look as pretty, cuz i didn't spray enough and i flipped the last one over more than once. But they are so freaking delicious! I eat them with just a tbsp of raspberry preserves, left over from Experimental Baking night. And all for 250 calories! Now, i'm not saying this can replace pancakes from scratch. But it's a pretty good (and ridiculously healthy) substitute. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks good! I'm going to have to try that some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's so tasty, i've made it for myself for breakfast pretty much all week, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas. I make great pancakes using greek yogurt in place of milk and butter. Here is a link to the recipe:

    http://www.handmeafork.com/2012/01/healthy-blueberry-pancakes-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin