August 23, 2009

The Final Cake


This is a follow up on my last post about the Cakestress Duo and my fondant lesson. The ladies were kind enough to invite me back for a small cake & ice cream get-together last night. Look at this cake. Just look at it!


This is unbelievable, right? Don't you think they should start a small business? This is their first topsy-turvy cake. Doesn't it look like they've been doing this for years?


The detail on it is amazing.


The bow is what kills me. Just absolutely kills me.


As if the cake itself were not enough, it was flanked by two more cake-derived desserts.


Cake balls on the left...


And star-shaped petit fours on the right.


So Corrie courageously cut the first layer of the cake.


Oh wowsers.


Not only did it look fantastic, it tasted fantastic. Even my non-cake-eating friend Joey ate it.


Wow. Words cannot describe the wonder that is this cake. I am the luckiest food blogger in the world to have this sort of connection.


If you're in the Lafayette/West Lafayette area and you want a cake, consider hiring these girls. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sunny, this blog is AMAZING, as is the cake - my compliments to the chefs. I have been wanting to try fondant and feel more empowered now that I've seen the process through your wonderful photography. I may be in the market for a new digital camera before a particularly special event in January (!) and might need to ask your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, jen!! it means so much to me that such a fantastic cook and photographer would compliment my blog! :D I would LOVE to tell you more about my camera...you can even play around with it next time i see you.

    i miss you guys, i hope i get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake reminds me of Disney World :) Very cute :) they did a great job! with your help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linz!! i will pass on your compliments to my friends :D

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin