August 18, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan Turkey Avocado Sandwich


On Monday I posted a recipe for a healthy alternative to Eggplant Parmesan.  When I made it, I had a lot of leftovers, and instead of eating the eggplant with pasta again and again, I ended up eating it in a sandwich.  I secretly loved this sandwich even more than I loved the pasta dish. 

Here's what I did.  I toasted up some whole wheat bread.


Layered on a few slices of smoked turkey breast.


Put on a piece of eggplant folded over once.


And topped it off with a few slices (scoops?) of avocado.


Sprinkle a little garlic powder and close the sammie.


YUM!  The eggplanty parmesany goodness juxtaposed with turkey and avocado?  Heaven.  Heaven heaven heaven. 


I might end up making more eggplant parmesan without the pasta next time just so I can make this sandwich again.  SO GOOD! 


So good I felt like I needed to share this with you.  Okay good.

Oh and by the way, SSUR has a twitter.  Did you know that?  Here's the site if you wanna become a follower.  Sweet!  Tweet!  Er....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin