August 04, 2010

Broiled Tilapia Fillets


This past week has been a blur of craziness!  I just moved into my new place, which has plenty of beautiful windows in the kitchen.  I still have tons of unpacking left to do, but as long as I have my computer set up, my clothes hanging, and my coffee maker plugged in, I'm ready to roll.

This recipe is one that I made as an effort to add more fish to my diet.  I really love fish, but I don't tend to gravitate toward it when I cook for myself.  Luckily, they make these individually-wrapped tilapia fillets that are cleaned and ready to cook whenever you need them.  Here is one that I thawed in some cool water.


Set your oven (or better yet, toaster oven) to broil.  Put the fillet on a broiling pan covered with foil.  Then, take your favorite mustard (mine is the Famous Kreme Mustard by Brownwood Farms) and spread it on the top side of your fillet.  Honey mustards work really well.


Yum!


There we go.  That was easy.


Then broil it for about 5-7 minutes, or the top is golden and the fish is opaque all the way through.  Look at this beauty!


Delicious and nutritious!


I served this fish with a side of kidney beans and my cucumber salad for a healthy summer dinner. 


Enjoy!  And stay tuned...a new giveaway will be announced very shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin