February 22, 2010

Pepperoni Bread


Last week, I was given a giant bag of pepperoni--like, we're talking a gallon bag of them--and asked to do something with it for the potluck at my church. 

I thought transporting a million pizzas would take too much work, so i decided on making pepperoni bread instead. Never having done it before and not bothering to look up a recipe, i just decided to play the Wing-It game.  I love the Wing-It game.

So i made my favorite pizza crust recipe the night before.  Two batches of them.  It was just that much pepperoni.  After putting my lovely pizza stone in the oven, i preheated the oven at 425F.  Okay, back to the dough.  I took a third of one batch and plopped it on the counter.


I rolled it out onto something resembling a rectangle.


Next, I covered the inside with tons of pepperoni. 


Then rolled it up like a kimbop.  Only this is much easier than rolling kimbop.


Okay?


The second time, i sprinkled some italian seasoning on top of the pepperoni before rolling it.


Almost there!


Done!  I gave the ends a little pinch because i felt like I had to.  But it doesn't really matter too much.


Then, I brushed the tops of my pepperoni bread with olive oil.


See?


And sprinkled more italian seasoning on top for good measure. 


When the oven and pizza stone (VERY IMPORTANT) were fully preheated at 425, I gave the bottoms of the pepperoni bread a nice coating of corn meal, and tossed them on the pizza stone.

After baking for a good 20 minutes, I pulled them out and cut one open.  Here it is!


Mmm!  Look at the neat little folds of pepperoni all rolled up and delicious in the bread! 


How good does this look, guys? 


Does this make you wanna die, or what? 


I admit, this isn't the most healthy recipe (to be fair, i made it for a mardi gras potluck), but it does make a very simple snack that is a big crowd pleaser.  Good for game watch parties, kids' parties, or as an after school snack for little and big kids alike. 


Have a very splendid Monday!  And if you haven't done so already, Sunny-side Up Recipes has a page on facebook!  Click here and become a fan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin