February 19, 2010

An Easy (But New!) Marinade for Chicken


Tired of the same old marinade for chicken?  Some italian dressing perhaps?  Or some sort of poultry rub?  BOOOOORING.

You can actually make a fantastic marinade for chicken that gives it a little extra kick.  Okay, so take some chicken tenders and put them in a container.


Here's Part 1: Spicy Brown Mustard.  My bottle has seen better days.  But whatever.


Drizzle a generous amount over the chicken. 


Part 2: Sriracha Sauce.  What a beauty. 


Drizzle a decent amount over the chicken.  Even this much didn't make the chicken spicy at all, so don't be too shy.


Part 3: Drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil so the marinate doesn't burn too much when you cook it.


Then get a brush or some sort of spreading implement...


And brush the chicken tenders with the mustard, sriracha, and olive oil. 


Then grill these babies the way you normally would.  For me, that means using my trusty George Foreman.  I love my George Foreman like crazy.


That's it!  Look how pretty they are!  I made these on Sunday and ate it with dinner throughout the week.  You can eat them in sandwiches, atop pasta, or just by itself next to some steamed veggies.  It's a new way to treat the same old chicken we've all been eating for years.  A little change that takes no real effort!  That's what I like.


Have a great weekend! 

Oh, and by the way, Sunny-side Up Recipes has a page on Facebook!  Go to it and become a fan! :)

2 comments:

  1. I especially love when your recipes call for only things that already reside in my kitchen :) This looks tasty!! I can't wait to try it. Some will be served on its own and some will definitely make its way into quesadillas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE your quesadillas! i still remember when we had them at your place a million years ago. miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin