December 21, 2009

Garlic-Herb Roasted Pork Loin



A few weeks ago I asked readers for some advice on what to do with the big hunk of pork loin I bought at the grocery store.  I don't often cook with large quantities of meat, so I wasn't sure what to do with it.  I got some good ideas in the comments, and here is a modification of a recipe that Linz posted.  It had to be modified because I didn't have all the ingredients and I did not plan ahead. 

Ingredients:
1 pound lean pork loin
3 large garlic clove(s), cut into thin slivers
1 tbsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 400ºF.  Behold your pork.



2.  With a knife, poke about 24 slits into pork.  This is wonderful for taking out your final exam frustrations.



Insert garlic slivers into slits.  Teehee.



Poke.



It looks hysterical.



3.  Rub pork with italian seasoning, salt, and pepper onto pork.




4.  Line a roasting pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.  Place pork on a rack in prepared pan; roast, uncovered for about 35-40 minutes.  Then you get this!



5.  Transfer pork to a cutting board and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.



Mmm!!  You won't believe how tender and juicy this is!  And it took essentially no work!  I let the (toaster) oven do all the work.  The only part that was "work" was plugging it with garlic, which was delightfully fun.



Thanks for sharing this recipe, Lindsey!  I had to simplify it to fit my grad student lifestyle, but it was still delicious! 

For a printable version of this recipe, please click here

2 comments:

  1. i loved it! can't wait to make it again soon! thanks again for your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin