February 02, 2012

Kale Chips


Kale is magic.  In one serving of kale, you get 130% the daily value of vitamin C, twice the daily value of vitamin A, fiber, calcium, iron, protein...all for 33 calories.  Kale is magic.

Admittedly, it's not the easiest greenery to eat.  I like wilting them into lentils or soup, but I found that making baked chips out of them is the best way for kale to score a 10 for everyone, especially picky eaters. 

Ingredients (snacks for several people):
1 bunch of kale
a drizzle of olive oil
sea salt
fresh ground pepper

First, wash and dry your kale thoroughly.  The best way is to use a salad spinner, but drying them on paper towel works fine too.

Next, you wanna get rid of the stems.  Half the time, I run my knife along the stem to detach it from the leaves, but the other half of the time I just rip it out with my hands.


Tear up the leaves into small-ish pieces (like maybe 2" or so), and place in a bowl.  Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil, add some salt and pepper to taste, and mix to coat all the leaves.  I just use my hands, that's the best way to feel that they're all evenly coated.  Then I spread them out over a cookie sheet.


Bake at 350F for about 10-15 minutes, or until they're crispy but not brown.    

These are seriously addicting.  They make awesome snacks for game watch events, like the Superbowl :)

Enjoy eating healthy, and have a wonderful day!  

p.s. Don't forget to like the SSUR page on facebook!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. These are my FAVORITE snack in the whole world. So easy to make! Plus they give me that crunch I crave so badly sometimes!!
    Hummingbird One Way Links click here

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin