May 07, 2010

Chocolate Crack Cookies


I'd been looking forward to making this recipe for ages!  A while ago, I did a recipe chain email where I got a bunch of awesome recipes from friends, and my friend's sister, Coco, sent this to me :)  Chocolate cookies so addicting, they're like crack!  I made these for my students to snack on during their final exam this past week.

Ingredients (makes 48 cookies):
-3 cups flour
-1 1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
-3/4 cup butter (=1 1/2 sticks)
-2 tbsp water
-2 cups (=12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
-2 eggs

1.  Sift flour, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.


2.  In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. 


Add water and dark brown sugar.  Mmm, i love using dark brown sugar.



3.  Here are the chocolate chips I used.


Add chocolate chips little by little.  Remove from heat and keep on stirring until they're completely melted.


4.  Put melted chocolate sauce in a large mixing bowl.  Add dry mix in parts and mix well.  If your electric mixer has a splatter shield, this might be a good time to use it.


Yummy!!


5.  Add eggs.  The batter should be thick but manageable.

6.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.  They don't expand too much, so you can place them about 1.5 to 2 inches apart and they should be fine.



7.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Here they are, fresh out of the oven!  Little pods of delicious, chocolatey flavor that will astound you!



Once they're completely cool, you can store them in a baggie or plastic container, and they'll keep for a long time. 


These are great cookies for care packages because they travel really well and aren't too crumbly.  I'm definitely making these again soon :)


Enjoy!

For a printable version of this recipe, please click here.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I've been looking through your blog for a bit now :) Found it while looking for Korean food.
    These cookies have been calling me for ages, and yesterday I couldn't wait any longer so baked them! They were very delicious, thanks for the recipe! That being said, something strange happened. I halved the ingredients because I didn't think I could make 48 cookies on the spur of the moment. But when I made the dough into 1" balls like you said, I ended up making 45 of them instead of 24 o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe I should make them again and count again. Maybe my measurements of 1" balls wasn't too accurate...I was kinda eye-balling it :) Thanks for visiting the blog, glad you liked the recipe!

      Delete
  2. I was looking for 'cracked chocolate cookies' and found your recipe this a.m. - made them with 60% cacao chips. My husband likes them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, I'm glad you liked them! Ooh, the 60% cacao chips sounds yummy! I wonder if they'd be good with half the chips being peanut butter chips. Better make a batch and see!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin