May 01, 2010

Briny Porkchops


There's an episode of Gilmore Girls where Lorelei is talking about these briny porkchops that Sookie made, and it sounds like the most delicious thing in the world.  I have no idea what briny porkchops are, and but I kinda came up with my own simple and budget-friendly way of making porkchops soaked in brine.

To start, I had to think about what I want to make my brine out of.  Usually, when you think brine, you think vinegar and/or salt.  So that is what I used as the base of my brine.


Okay, read on for the recipe!

Ingredients (4 pork chops):
-4 lean pork loin chops
-1/2 cup white vinegar
-1 tbsp salt
-4-5 cloves garlic

1.  First, cut the fatty parts off the pork chops. 



2.  Put the little choppies in a container.  Overlapping is fine. 

3.  I'm making mine into a garlic brine because garlic is the yummiest thing in the whole world. 


Mince up the garlic real good.  Ha!  They don't stand a chance against my awesome santoku knife.


Rub them all over the pork chops.  Under, over, everywhere!


4.  Now for the fun part: pour vinegar over the pork chops until each piece has had a good shower.  Flip the pieces over and make sure all sides of the chop gets doused. 

5.  Sprinkle salt over the chops and make sure that gets everywhere too.


6.  Put your oven on broil.  Make sure the highest rack is all the way at the top.  We want the pork to get nice and close to the heat.  Cover a baking pan with foil.


7.  Lay the pork chops on the pan.  You can even pour the rest of the vinegar over the pieces.


To make sure they don't get too charred, I sprayed them a bit with cooking spray. 


Broil on one side for 5 minutes, then flip them over and broil the other side for 5 minutes. 

Here is the result:


Oh my.  Oh my.


These are so delicious and flavorful, and it cost so very little!  This is a great meal to make for dinner guests.  You can serve them sliced over clear rice noodles, over rice, or just as a main course with veggies.  You can even slice it and make a yummy sandwich out of it.


There are so many possibilities!  An easy way to enjoy a delicious (the most delicious, in my opinion) meat.  Yum!  And it takes very little time or money, so that's always a plus :)

Have a great weekend!

For a printable version of this recipe, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin