November 03, 2009

Maize and Blue Block M Cookies

I found it, I found it, I found it!

I've been looking for one of these for a long time, and I finally found one!



That's right!  A block "M" cookie-cutter!  Score! 



I decided to make some Maize and Blue cookies for my little brother, who is a freshman this year.  I remember how tough this time of the semester was for me my first year, and a little package of home-baked goodies always makes things easier :)



I used my absolute favorite Sugar Cookie recipe for this endeavor. 



Here they go! 



For the record, these are ginormous cookies.


And they get even bigger after they're baked.  Have mercy, cookie!



I may or may not have eaten one.  I don't like a heavily frosted cookie, and these naked sugar cookies, warm and fantastic straight out of the oven, are my idea of a great cookie.



Okay, so now comes the decorating part.  Normally, I dress up cookies real cutesy and sprinkle-spangle them.  But I decided to leave out the frills, since I didn't wanna embarrass my brother in front of all his cool college friends with pink cookies with flower sprinkles.  That would be counter-productive for him.  He'd have to hide under his covers at night to eat them, and then he'd get crumbs and possibly bugs in his bed, and he will scream like a girl, and he will have to leave college in shame.

Not good.

Okay, so I mixed up these colors.  Mostly yellow with a touch of red for the maize, and blue with a bit of black for the blue.  Next time, i will buy navy food coloring.  Note to self.



And then it's slathering time.  I didn't do anything meticulous with them, like i said.



Rar, manly man cookies.



So what if the frosting is not neat?  Rar, manly man cookies are supposed to be messy, especially when i'm making them at 11:30 at night.



Haha.  What a mess.  But sooooo delicious.



By morning, they frosting has hardened enough that i can put them in a baggie and ship them off.



I got a message from my little brother a few days later saying how he loves the cookies and he thought they were delicious.  :)  It's fun.  I love sending cookies so much.  It can cheer up a friend, it can soothe a heart, and it can make a special day even more special. 

Consider making these Sugar Cookies and sending them off to someone you're thinking of.  Someone who might need a cheer-up or someone you just wanna let know you're thinking of them.  It's a simple gesture that doesn't take too much of your time, but does a lot for the person getting them :)

The great thing about these particular cookies is that they travel well and keep for weeks.  I put them in a gallon bag, squeezed the air out of the bag, and wrapped the bundle in bubble wrap, then put them in a box. 

Send your own care package today!

5 comments:

  1. These look yummy, Sunny. They would be perfect to send to my Father-In-Law from Ohio State!! Oooh...he might never forgive me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe could you PLEASE?? and time it so it arrives on the day of the UM OSU game? haha except they're gonna hurt us badly, so i really shouldn't talk :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please tell me where you found this cookie cutter? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys! I got the cookie cutter at M-Den on State Street in Ann Arbor

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin