May 17, 2012

My Weekend Project

Okay, confession.  I've been dying to make French macarons for ages.  They are so yummy and pretty, and I swear, every other Pinterest pin and Instagram picture is a beautiful picture of macarons in pastel shades.  The girl in me squeals at the sight of these pictures.  And then I become instantly hungry.


I set out to make these a few weekends ago.  I was feeling all excited and hopeful...and then I started looking at recipes.  Almond flour.  Almond flour?  Pretty much every decent recipe I found called for almond flour.  I'm no pastry chef, I don't know what these fancy things are.  You probably do, but I didn't.  So then I used my excellent research skills to look up almond flour, and it turns out, it's basically another name of pulverized blanched almonds.  And I can make it myself in my darling food processor.  Yesssss! 

So, in preparation for a little fun gathering with friends this Saturday, I'm gonna try making my own set of colorful, girly, French, don't-you-wish-your-cookies-were-hot-like-me macarons.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  And I'd love some advice if you've ever made your own French macarons.  Hopefully, sometime next week I can post some photos of the process in lieu of my colorful but limited computer doodles. 

Peace out, sunshines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin