July 02, 2010

Yogurt and Chocolate Rice Cakes



I've become thoroughly obsessed with this snack combination as of late.  Rice cakes alone can be kinda boring and dry, yogurt alone can be missing that little bite you need from a snack.  But put them together and they are truly delicious.


I'm not one of those people who is crazy about yogurt just by itself.  But I love when it's in combination with something crunchy, like granola, cereal, or rice cakes.  And these chocolate chip ones are just fabulous.


I like to break up the rice cakes a bit beforehand so they are bite sized, but you can just top the whole thing with yogurt.  You can also add berries, if you can think that far ahead for your snackage.  I usually can't.

Yum!  I love this snack combination.  It combines two mediocre healthy snacks into one fabulous--and almost decadent?--healthy snack.  This is a great after-school or after-work snack to stave off hunger until you're done making dinner. 


Enjoy the beautiful summer weather, and have a fabulous Fourth of July weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I have never tried yogurt, but I absolutely LOVE cheese flavored rice cakes with cottage cheese and garlic powder and basil. Kind of like yours here, but savory! Yum yum! Definitely going to have to try the yogurt on the sweet ones though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! That sounds amazing, kaitlin! I love savory snacks :)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin