April 15, 2010

Sweet n' Spicy Chicken (and Salad)



I've been experimenting with ways to marinade chicken with things I already have in my pantry (read: no time, no money) and I came up with this easy marinade that forms a sweet and spicy glaze on chicken that is just delightful. 


Ingredients?  Just these.


You have the sriracha for the heat. 


Honey for the subtle sweetness.  Go bear, go.


And olive oil to lock in the moisture and keep it from burning (mine will have scorch marks, which are intentional...i like it like that).  So that's what I did.  I gave the chicken a generous squirt of each of these condiments I already had in my pantry, brushed it so that it gets everywhere, then george foreman-ed it.


Mmm!


Once they were done, I let them sit on a plate so that the juices redistribute (or something like that). 


Then I decided to make a yummy and simple salad with them.  Here's the romaine lettuce.


Roma tomatoes.


Yellow and orange bell peppers.  (i normally don't buy these cuz they're so expensive, but they were happily on sale)



Onions, then of course, the delicious sweet n' spicy chicken. 


Doesn't this look like a wonderful dinner salad?  With half a toasted whole wheat pita, this was a perfect meal that didn't take much time at all. 


And i have plenty of chicken left over to make several more salads this week.  So delicious and nutritious!


As the weather gets warmer, try incorporating more "cold dinners", as i call them, into your dinner rotation.  This is a simple enough salad that most picky eaters, even kids, would enjoy.  So...enjoy!

1 comment:

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin