April 25, 2010

Sunday Story: Excuses

I have a good excuse for why I haven't posted since Wednesday. 

It's not that it's the end of the semester and I have a stockpile of work to do, although that would be a good excuse.

It's not that I have a prospectus defense coming up and I'm frantically writing, editing, and panicking, although that would be a good excuse.

No.  The excuse is this.  On Thursday I made this amazing Chicken Makhani dish (Indian Butter Chicken)...slaved over the stove for a good 45 minutes making this aromatic, savory chicken using tons of fresh ingredients that I had just bought, including Greek yogurt, shallots, lemon...

Then I took a bite of the chicken.  It was spoiled.

I had bought this chicken over a week ago, but because of the first two excuses above, I didn't get a chance to actually get in the kitchen and cook something until Thursday, and by that time, the chicken had spoiled.  Two pounds of lean, all white meat chicken tenders. 

I spent a tearful few minutes dumping the entire dish into the garbage disposal.  Plop.  Whirr.  Grind.  Sob.  And repeat. 

But I bounce back quickly.  I just made a Mushroom Zucchini Pasta dish and I'll post that soon.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny! That is sooo sad that your chicken was spoiled, I hate when that happens! Sometimes it hard to keep up with all the groceries I buy, like right now for instance, I have green beans that went bad b/c they were in the back of the fridge and I completely forgot about them! =(

    btw, just wanted to let you know that i emailed you back about the giveaway and just want to make sure you got my email! =)

    xo,
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's gotta be the saddest story ever...but kinda funny too

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin